Volunteer as: Produce Assistant for Koko & Ndume
Meals are always exciting events throughout a gorilla's day, and Koko and Ndume are no exception. Eating a combined 24 pounds a day, there is a lot of food preparation involved before the gorillas can enjoy their meals. We are always interested in hearing from potential volunteers in the event that we have an open position.
• Experience cooking and preparing meals
• Love of cooking
• Knowledgable of vegetables and fruits
• Can sort, wash, and cook produce thoroughly and efficiently
• Love gorillas, dogs, and cats
• Are happy to put up with the heat of summer and the cold and rain of winter
• Minimum commitment of one year
• Complete an initial volunteer period in the Business Office
• Are available one day a week from 8:30am to 12:30pm
• Provide a copy of a negative TB test annually
• Provide a copy of a flu shot report/receipt annually
• Must be at least 18 years old
Because the gorillas are very sensitive to any change in their
environment, especially new people, we ask that volunteers make a
long-term commitment. If you are willing
to commit to a regular volunteer schedule, we would be happy to keep your application on file in the event that we have an open position. To find out more about the position and how to apply, tell us a little about your self and your interest in the position in an email to volunteer@Koko.org.
All attachments MUST be in either .doc or .pdf format.
Please note that we do NOT have any volunteer opportunities that involve direct contact with the gorillas.